THE CEREMONY OF AWARDING THE GOLDEN HEPHAESTUS NATIONAL COMPETITION WAS HELD IN ASTANA
THE SOLEMN CEREMONY OF AWARDING THE GOLDEN HEPHAESTUS NATIONAL INDUSTRY COMPETITION, ORGANIZED WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN AND THE GENERAL PARTNER OF THE EVENT - ERG (EURASIAN RESOURCES GROUP), WAS HELD TODAY IN ASTANA.
This year, Golden Hephaestus is held for the thirteenth time and is rightfully considered one of the most anticipated events in the industry. The ceremony was attended by Ilyas Ospanov, the Vice Minister of Industry and Infrastructure Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Albert Rau, the Deputy of the Mazhilis of the Parliament, Nikolai Radostovets, the Executive Director of the Republican Association of Mining and Metallurgical Enterprises, Fatima Kosayeva, the Director for Corporate Communications of ERG (Eurasian Resourses Group) and Tair Zhantikin, the Head of IT infrastructure Development Department of BTS LLP.
The purpose of the Competition is to celebrate the achievements of professionals who have made a significant contribution to the development of mining, metallurgical, manufacturing and other related industries, are an example for colleagues, and are active in social and educational activities.
According to the organizers of the Competition, “participation and even filing an application is a kind of self-assessment, a look at your own achievements from the outside. And this is a great tool for identifying your professional strengths. If we talk about promotion within companies, of course, the award gives the winners new strength and confidence to grow and develop further. The competition helps the management of enterprises in the industry to draw attention to professionals in their field with rich practical experience and to new talents that had not been noticed before for some reason”.
Today, we can say with confidence that the interest of industry representatives in initiatives aimed at promoting professional development and raising the importance of the MMC professions has grown: this year, the competent jury considered more than 150 applications from 29 companies, 7 universities in Kazakhstan and chose the best professionals in the mining and metallurgical industry. The award ceremony was held at Astana Ballet, where the finalists of the Competition arrived from all over Kazakhstan.
The decision to win was made in two stages: the collection of applications by members of the organizing committee and the assessment of the questionnaires by members of the jury, which included the heads of leading companies in the industry and recognized industry experts.
The winners were determined in 15 nominations, three of which are completely new. Each winner is talented and unique in his own way, ready to share his experience with colleagues and reach new heights. The names of the winners of the Golden Hephaestus Competition 2023:
- “Professional of the Year. Geologist of the Year” - Nurkhan Bekbosynovich Dzhartybayev, the Head of the Department of Geology, Hydrophysics and Radioecology, Volkovgeology JSC;
- “Professional of the Year. Miner of the Year” - Askhat Doskazinovich Turekenov, Tunneler (miner of a working face). Mining site No. 1. Irtysh mine, Vostoktsvetmet LLP;
- “Professional of the Year. Metallurgist of the Year” - Sabyrzhan Alimbayevich Alimbayev, Industrial Engineer, ERG Capital Projects LLP;
- “Professional of the Year. Pitman of the Year” - Yevgeniy Alexandrovich Bashkirov, heading man, Kostenko Mine of the Coal Department of ArcelorMittal Temirtau JSC;
- “Professional of the Year. Enricher of the Year” new - Ulpan Kozhakhmetovna Dzhetybayeva, Chief enricher, KAZ Minerals Management LLP;
- “Professional of the Year. Women in the Mining and Metallurgical Complex” - Yelena Gennadiyevna Mazayeva, 5th grade Crane Operator, KAZZINC LLP, Ust-Kamenogorsk Metallurgical Complex;
- “The best social project of the Year” new - Kazzinc LLP, Video Monitoring Center, where people with disabilities work;
- “Leader of the year in industrial safety” - Kazakhmys Corporation LLP;
- “The best digital solution in the MMC” (special nomination from the General Partner of the ERG (Eurasian Resources Group) award - Digital transformation of the KAZ Minerals Group, KAZ Minerals Group;
- “Teacher of the Year” - Kanai Bakhytovich Rysbekov, Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev;
- “Mentor of the Year” new - Kalizhar Nurkhanovich Serkebayev, Chief Welder, Maker LLP;
- “Thesis of the Year” - Almas Fazyltayuly Amirzhan, Nazarbayev University;
- “Media project of the Year. The best journalistic work about the MMC in print and online resources” - Tatyana Leonidovna Romashova, for the article “The production worker sounds proud!”;
- “Media project of the Year. The best journalistic work about MMC on TV” - Dias Yerzhanuly Baimukhamedov, for the documentary film “Vocation”, Atameken business MEDIA HOLDING LLP;
- “Best ESG Strategy” - Strategy for Sustainable Development of the Company until 2030, AK Altynalmas JSC.
Also, within the framework of the gala evening, representatives of the Republican Association of Mining and Metallurgical Enterprises noted with a special state award for labor achievements honorary professionals of the MMC. The Enbek danky badge was awarded to 5 industry professionals. During the award ceremony, a special diploma was presented from Ibragim Baymuratovich Yedilbayev, the First Laureate of the Golden Hephaestus by profession in the mining sector – to the youngest nominee of the Award in professional categories. The diploma was established with the support of ERG (Eurasian Resourses Group) in partnership with the Kazakhstan Business Council for Sustainable Development BCSD KZ.
It is important to note that from year to year the prestige of receiving this award only increases. For thirteen years, more than 170 specialists and organizations of the industry have already received the award. And thanks to the holding of the World Mining Congress in Kazakhstan in 2018, the Golden Hephaestus award received worldwide recognition.
The Golden Hephaestus competition is held within the framework of the AMM Mining and Metallurgical Congress. The organizers of the event are Iteca Kazakhstan Exhibition Company and its international partner - ICA Events Group of Companies.
- Created on .