RESULTS OF THE «GOLDEN HEPHAESTUS-2021»
In October 2021, Nur-Sultan, the capital of Kazakhstan, hosted the “Golden Hephaestus” national industry competition, fully supported by the Ministry of Investment and Industrial Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan and ERG (Eurasian Group), General Partner of the event. It is impossible to overestimate the importance of the contest for professionals and young specialists of the mining and metallurgy complex, because the high level of professional and creative requirements for the projects of the participants was set 11 years ago. The first “Golden Hephaestus” statuette was solemnly presented to Nursultan Nazarbayev, the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan. This year, 173 participants working in the field of geology, mining and metallurgy, employees of the design, research, educational institutions and enterprises, as well as journalists who write about the mining and metallurgy industry in the Republic of Kazakhstan, competed for the right to receive the “Golden Hephaestus” award.
We remind you that the names of the winners are determined by a competent jury, consisting of the strongest professionals in their field and representatives of government agencies. Over the eleven years of the “Golden Hephaestus”, the jury reviewed 1,984 works by the nominees.
The “Golden Hephaestus” competition in 2021 included 14 nominations: Professional of the Year (three nominations), Project of the Year, Scientist-teacher of the Year, Graduate Work of the Year, Media Project of the Year (three nominations), The Best Digital Solution in MMC, and The Best Foreign Partner. There were also three completely new nominations: Industrial Safety Leader of the Year, Miner of the Year, and Women in MMC. Special interest was aroused by the new nomination “Women in MMC”, many companies decided to compete for it and show the whole professional community how important the role of the women is in the mining and metallurgy complex not only in our country, but all over the world. Thus, they received their well-deserved awards:
- Nomination “Geologist of the Year” -Yulia Nikolayevna Kruchinina, leading geologist of underground mining operations of the Sokolovskaya mine of the Mining Complex of Sokolovsko-Sarbayskoye Mining and Processing Production Association JSC, part of ERG (Eurasian Group);
- Nomination “Miner of the Year” -Vyacheslav Valentinovich Tyo, Head of the Production Department of Kazakhaltyn MMC JSC;
- Nomination “Metallurgist of the Year” -Nurzhan Ramazanovich Koishibekov, Chief Metallurgist of the branch of Kazakhmys Corporation LLP - Zhezkazgantsvetmet PA of Casting and Mechanical Plant;
- Nomination “Miner of the Year” -Timur Viktorovich Bayandinov, shaft miner of Vostoktsvetmet LLP;
- Nomination “Women in MMC” -Vera Vyacheslavovna Tereshkina, HR Director of ArcelorMittal Temirtau JSC.
The jury could not ignore another woman and separately noted Olesya Sakatbekovna Koksegenova, head of the central plant laboratory of Tau-Ken Altyn LLP.
- Nomination “Project of the Year” - Zhayrem MPP Company JSC with the project: “ZMPP. Polymetals of Zhayrem. Modernization of existing production”;
- Nomination “Leader of the Year in Industrial Safety” - Varvarinskoe Joint-Stock Company;
- Nomination “The Best Foreign Partner” - Zyfra Asia Company;
- Nomination “Scientist-teacher of the Year” - Ablay Kairtasovich Zhunusov, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Metallurgy of Toraigyrov University NJSC;
- Nomination “Graduate Work of the year” - Nazym Asankyzy Tlemisova,Karaganda State Technical University;
- Nomination “The Best digital solution in MMC” – “IntelliSense-LAB” Center for Technological Development with the project: Optimization of the grinding cycle;
The nomination “The Best digital solution in MMC” was established by the ERG (Eurasian Group), General Partner of the award.
- Nomination “Media Project of the Year - The Best journalistic work about MMC in print and online resources” - Kairat Zhumabekovich Zhandybayev and his publication “Mining and Metallurgy complex of Kazakhstan: some results and measures during the pandemic”;
- Nomination “Media Project of the Year - The Best journalistic work about MMC on TV” -Gulnara Serekbayevna Zhantasova and her plot: “Real women work at the iron factory in Tekeli”;
- Nomination “Media project of the year - The Best journalistic material about the labor man in the MMC” -Rabiga Nurbay and her article “700 meters underground: a report from a coal mine”.
Special attitude and awe of all the professionals of the mining and metallurgy complex deserves a special nomination, which was awarded for the first time in the framework of the competition. “For special contribution to the development of social partnership in the MMC” deserved award was received by Tulegen Mukhanovich Mukhanov, first deputy executive director of ALE “Republican Association of Mining and Mining & Metallurgy Enterprises”.
Also at the gala night representatives of the ALE “Republican Association of Mining and Mining & Metallurgy Enterprises” noted the special state award for labor achievements of honorary professionals of MMC. The “Yenbek Danky” badge was awarded to:
- Yerkebulan Mukanovich Kaliyev, operator of loading and delivery machine of mine No. 55 of East-Zhezkazgan mine of “Zhezkazganzvetomet” production association;
- Roman Konstantinovich Pya, electric and gas welder at the hydraulic structures and hydrotransport department of ArcelorMittal Temirtau JSC;
- Aleksandr Vladimirovich Lukyanov, shaft miner of preparatory work section of mine No. 1 of T. Kuzembayev, Coal Department of ArcelorMittal Temirtau JSC.
It is important to note that the prestige of receiving this award only increases from year to year. Over the past eleven years, more than 135 specialists and organizations of the industry have already received the award. And thanks to the World Mining Congress held in Kazakhstan in 2018, the “Golden Hephaestus” Award has also received worldwide recognition.
The “Golden Hephaestus” competition is held within the framework of the AMM Mining and Metallurgy Congress. The event is organized by Iteca, Kazakhstani exhibition company.