GOLDEN HEPHAESTUS COMPETITION - SUPPORT FOR MANUFACTURERS AND A STIMULUS FOR DEVELOPMENT
On June 16 in Nur-Sultan city an award ceremony of the national industry competition “Golden Hephaestus” took place, which takes place annually in the framework of the AMM Congress. The main topic for 2022 was the role of the MMC in the social and economic development of Kazakhstan and the value of human capital. The Golden Hephaestus competition is currently the largest and most prestigious award for metallurgists. Participation in this competition raises the status and competitiveness of specialists and encourages them to continuously grow and develop.
The Golden Hephaestus includes 14 nominations, which relate both directly to achievements in metallurgy, and scientific activities and industry journalism. It is impossible to overestimate the importance of the competition for professionals and young professionals in the mining and metallurgical complex, as evidenced by the ever-growing interest of the industry. This year, a record number of applications to participate in the contest were submitted. 202 participants from 46 companies working in the field of geology, mining and metallurgy, employees of design, scientific, educational institutions and enterprises, as well as journalists who write about the mining and metallurgical industry in Kazakhstan, competed for the right to receive the Golden Hephaestus Award.
Please be reminded that the names of the winners are determined by a competent jury, consisting of the best professionals in their field and representatives of government agencies. Over the twelve years of the Golden Hephaestus, the jury reviewed 2,184 works of the nominees.
This year's winners of the Golden Hephaestus were:
- Geologist of the Year - Nikolay Gennadyevich Kamensky, General Director of Dva Key LLP
- Miner of the Year – Mukan Zhalgasuly Ungitbayev, Director of the Nurkazgan mine of the Kazakhmys Corporation branch
- Metallurgist of the Year - Galipulla Bisenov, sixth-grade ferroalloy smelter at Aktobe Ferroalloys Plant, a branch of TNC Kazchrome JSC
- Miner of the Year - Vladimir Alexandrovich Schnell, Director of Saranskaya Mine, ArcelorMittal Temirtau JSC
- Professional of the Year - women in the MMC - Yevgeniya Vladimirovna Kokoreva, Chief Mineral Processing Engineer of Orlovsky Production Complex of Vostoktsvetmet LLP
- Project of the Year - Eurasian Resources Group for development of ERG Way Production System as a tool to increase business efficiency
- Industrial Safety Leader of the Year – Tau-Ken Altyn
- Best ESG Strategy - Eurasian Resources Group with “ESG Strategy 2030”
- Teacher-Scholar of the Year - Yuri Nikolayevich Pak, Saginov Karaganda Technical University
- Diploma work of the year - Anastasiya Vadimovna Stekolnikova from Saginov Karaganda Technical University
- Best journalistic work about MMC in print and online - Oleg Ivanovich Gusev
- Best journalistic work about MMC on TV - Zhalgas Bazarbayevich Azganbayev for “Element 29” documentary
- Best journalistic material about the Man of Labor at MMC - Marina Antonovna Demchenko for her article “New Breath of Industry”
- The best digital solution in MMC (special award from ERG) - DIPCO LTD company for reconstruction of the processing plant using BIM technologies.
Also at the gala night representatives of the “Republican Association of Mining and Metallurgical Enterprises” awarded honorary professionals of MMC with a special state award for labor achievements. The “Yenbek Danky” badge was awarded to 7 industry professionals.
The co-organizer of the competition is the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan; the General partner of the event is ERG (Eurasian Group).
The organizer of the event is Iteca Kazakhstan Exhibition Company.
- Created on .